Sunday, August 22, 2010

Texas Hill Country Peaches

Peach season in the Hill Country west of Austin has come to an end, but before that happened, I took advantage and got myself a box. I would have preferred to make it out there and go peach picking in person (which I plan to do next season) but this time, I had a co-worker pick some up for me at a peach stand when she was on a site visit in Fredericksburg.

This box was only $16.00!

Knowing that we couldn't eat all of them fast enough, I brought some to Houston as a dish to pass at my Uncle Dan and Aunt Doreen's house. As for the rest, I boiled, peeled and froze them.




My plan is to make some peach cobbler and peach pie out of them. Let me know if you have any good recipe ideas! I plan to try a Peach Puzzle recipe that my good Uncle Dan told me about.

No comments: