Sunday, August 22, 2010

Corpus Christi with SSE


I recently became the newest structural engineer at Smith Structural Engineers here in Austin! I love it so much. It's a small firm. There are 5 of us. We design a great deal of custom residential homes and commercial buildings. The project work is very interesting and I'm learning a lot everyday. The people I work with a fantastic too.

My boss' sister - Tracy - owns a bed & breakfast in Corpus Christi and we all went down for a little company retreat a couple of weekends ago. Nate and I really felt like we were part of the Smith family. It was wonderful to meet his family as well as the significant others of my co-workers. We had a blast.

The bed & breakfast (The George Blucher House) was amazing and I would highly recommend you stay there if you're ever visiting Corpus. I couldn't stop taking pictures of this place!
















Nate went fishing with the guys during the day and caught 2 trout! Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures of that. But in the meantime, I was treated to a manicure and pedicure by my boss' wife and sister! This was my first pedicure and it felt luxurious!



In the evening, the Smiths took us all out to a great restaurant downtown.

And then sno-cones for dessert!

All in all, I'm so glad to be a part of this firm. They are all so laid back and welcoming, and they're so supportive of us expecting a baby!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Congratulations on the great new job!!

The B & B looks fabulous, and it's obvious you had a wonderful time there. (Pedicures are a such a treat)

Ernie said...

A supportive boss. Sigh. I'm really glad you have one!