First stop, Fredericksburg: a small German town about 1 1/2 hours west of Austin. It's a great place for window shopping and I hear the peaches in this region are spectacular when the time is right. It looks like we'll just have to go back :) We also stopped at one of the many wineries on the way home for a tasty glass.
Next up was San Antonio! We stopped by the Alamo but didn't go inside as the line to get in was several blocks long. I recently heard that they're still discovering and uncovering new things inside from what the US Army had covered up when they bunked there in 1850.
This was another great visit filled with BBQ, Tex Mex and exploration.
2 comments:
San Antonio looks great! I like Nate's big mountain man beard. He should keep it like that!
I agree! He is growing it out again for your visit in June :)
Post a Comment