Recently, I opened up an Italian cookbook that my parents got me for Christmas 2003. I can't believe I haven't used it more often! Each recipe looks fantastic and I can't wait to try more. Here are 3 recipes that I've made so far:
#1: Spaghetti with Olive and Capers (Spaghetti alla Pattamesca)
Anchovies, garlic and a dried chili.
Yum!
#2: Pasta and Dried Bean Soup (Pasta e Fagioli)
Milling a portion of the cooked beans.
To serve, top with fresh Parmesan cheese and olive oil...amazing.
#3: Pasta and Lentil Soup (Pasta e Lenticchie)
Adding the lentils.
Thyme and sage. The sage was perfect in this soup.
Perfect! This recipe was my favorite of the three, but they were all well-worth making! Thanks for the book Mom and Pa.
4 comments:
Oh yum! I'll have to try the pasta and lentil soup. Joel loves lentils. That is a fantastic book. One of my favorite parts of our Italy trip last summer was the food!
Mmmmm...food in Europe. I'm excited to go back to Europe someday. But I can definitely make the lentil soup when you guys are here! I have leftover lentils :)
Cook's Illustrated's Italian cookbook is good, too.
You can't have too many cookbooks!
Dear Domi,
Could you, someday (as I know you are BUSY), send me this pasta and lentil recipe?
I tried to Google one - and came up with an Iron Chef recipe, even! But, it was not delicious... it didn't even LOOK delicious as I was making it. *sad*
So, I will never make another pasta and lentil soup until I get the Domi-approved version!
Post a Comment