Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving & Birthday 2009!

Nate and I just got back from a fantastic Holiday / Birthday weekend in Houston. We can't wait to hang out with Josienne, Jared & our other Houston relatives again!


We spent Thanksgiving with my Aunt Karla and Uncle Phil. To share, we brought along deviled eggs, potato rolls and a salad. Nate even made some fresh home-made mayonnaise for the deviled eggs!


Here are Jared and Nate mixing up the yokes with some mayo and mustard. We made dill & southwest ranch deviled eggs which both turned out great.



Here is my Uncle Phil happily carving up the turkey! It was absolutely delicious.



Here is Josienne and me with our Aunt Karla. It has been such a long time since I've seen her so this was a very special Thanksgiving. Now I can see her more often!


On Friday, Yvette and I turned 27! Unfortunately, Vetty and I could not be together this year, but it was such an amazing birthday nonetheless! We stopped at my Uncle Dan and Aunt Doreen's for some French champagne and French pastries. From there, Josienne, Jared & Nate surprised me with a fabulous meal at a fancy French restaurant near Dan and Doreen's house called Max & Julie's. Josienne should be posting some of those pictures soon.


On Saturday, we met Dan, Doreen, Ree, Rex and Rex's children at the Ragin' Cajun for some crawfish! This was the first time for Nate and me and we were pleasantly surprised. So delicious! Quite the brunch experience.


It is sad that the long weekend is now over, but I know we'll be back to Houston soon :) Go here if you'd like to see the entire album from this weekend.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

You should have used my Ragin' Cajun pic! It's way cool. http://roesprose.blogspot.com/2009/07/ragin-cajun.html